B’nai B’rith invites you to our global virtual program in observance of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, held each year in conjunction with the United Nations in memory of the six million Jews murdered in the Shoah and millions of other victims of Nazism.
The event will be moderated by Director of EU Affairs Alina Bricman and Director of U.N. and Intercommunal Affairs David Michaels.
• Opening remarks by B’nai B’rith International CEO Daniel Mariaschin
• Keynote speech by German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock
• Video message by Vice President of the European Commission Margaritis Schinas
Our CEO Dan Mariaschin will deliver opening remarks.
Panel I – Institutional responses from across the world
• Irwin Cotler, Canadian Special Envoy on Preserving Holocaust Remembrance and Combating Anti-Semitism
• Ellen German, United States Special Envoy for Holocaust Issues
• Fernando Lottenberg, the Organization of American States Commissioner to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism
• Katharina von Schnurbein, European Commission Coordinator on Combating Anti-Semitism and Fostering Jewish Life
Panel II – Best practices from diverse fields
• Kathrin Meyer, Executive Secretary, International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
• Daniel Lörcher, Head of Corporate Responsibility, Borussia Dortmund
• Tracey Petersen, Manager of The United Nations and the Holocaust Outreach Programme
• Tibi Galis, Executive Director, Auschwitz Institute for the Prevention of Genocide
Concluding remarks by Chairman of Yad Vashem Dani Dayan.
Closing by B’nai B’rith President Seth Riklin.